- Last Updated on Tuesday, 14 May 2013 04:46
The Australian Imaging, Biomarker & Lifestyle Flagship Study of Ageing (AIBL) is a study to discover which biomarkers, cognitive characteristics, and health and lifestyle factors determine subsequent development of symptomatic Alzheimer’s Disease (AD).
- Launched on 14th November 2006, largest study of its kind in Australia
- 4.5+year prospective longitudinal study of cognition
- Large scale cohort study: 1000+ participants (minimum age 60 years)
- Patients with AD, MCI and healthy volunteers
- Multi-disciplinary approach, 4 research streams – cognitive, imaging, biomarkers and lifestyle
- Focus on early detection, towards lifestyle interventions
- All data is collected at two centers (40% subjects from Perth in Western Australia, 60% from Melbourne, Victoria)
- Multidisciplinary, collaborative, brings together researchers in Perth, Adelaide, Melbourne, Canberra and Brisbane.